Thursday, June 14

Where there is A WILL, there is a WAY


May I kindly ask you to close your eyes and imagine that you have gone blind? It means that you no longer have the opportunity to see how beautiful this world is, how green the grass is and how blue the sky is. Imagine the difficulty that you have to go through with the your daily lives after this. Is there something that you wanted to do so much but you can't because you're blind now? (write down on a paper and open your eyes)

During the moment of you being "blind", do you think you could do skydiving? What about running a marathon? Let's see if you would do any rock climbing. You would probably asking me, how can any blind man does such challenging activities? Even I who is healthy with good eye sight can't possibly do so.

Erik Weihenmayer will tell you straight to your face... "I CAN" despite his vision impaired. He is the first blind person to reach the summit of Mount Everest on May 21, 2001.

Earlier I asked you to go blind. It was hard isn't it? Let's put on another hat. Imagine that you are not only blind, but deaf and dumb as the same time. You can't talk and you can't hear me. Gosh, how traumatized and miserable life one can have. 

However, Helen Keller proved all of us wrong. She became world famous speaker and author and also published not 1, not 5 but 12 books which won some awards. She was an American author, political activist, lecturer and also the first deafblind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree. I want to show some recognition to her teacher who had such a will power to teach someone who is so challenging. Her name is Anne Sullivan, who is also blind. I will not share how Anne was able to give education to Helen. I will leave it to your Mr-Google.


What I really want to highlight is this. May I have a raise of hands to see how many of you are feeling all motivated that you are able to accomplish your goals after hearing these stories? Why? (is it because of their challenges yet they are able to achieve such a powerful and impactful results?)

Real story is, you do not need to have such a tragedy in your life in order to inspire others... "If only I were born in a rich family, I would have a better education which would bla bla bla". "If only I were this and that, I would have been this and that. Drop that excuses. If you are motivated, disciplined enough to reach your goals,  you can leave a legacy to your kids, grandchildren, society and even the world to remember. There is nothing impossible in this world; it is only want of determination that brings about failures. With a strong will one can do wonders. The power of human will is ex­traordinary. At first sight many tasks may appear impos­sible of accomplishment (think Erik, Helen and Anne) and many are frightened away. Only a few have the necessary strength of will to pursue their goal; only they know what it is to struggle towards their ideal.

I want to share another inspiring story of Drew Manning. He was a fitness trainer who was so sick of his clients giving 1001 excuses for not able to be any fitter. So he took up this challenge to put on weight from 88kg to 119kg just to prove to his clients that if you have the determination, the want to be healthy and fitter, you CAN. Guess what? In less than 6 months, he is back to 86kg.

Ladies and gentlemen, everybody knows that success does not go to those who never struggle. But while dreaming success one should be always ready for hard work. It is not something which can be achieved by spending money but will power, which comes from your soul and heart. Remember, where there is a will, there is a way. :)

3 comments:

  1. teacher! I have one question! I was closing my eyes and then when I think of writing on the paper, hmmm.... how can I write on the paper with my eyes closed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya man, luckily i asked them to open their eyes during my presentation, else they will tell me the same thing. LOL

      Delete